When installing displays in outdoor and high ambient light environments it is important to recognize that brightness is not the only important factor.
G-Bond reduces the reflective loss from all surfaces to less than 1% by optically coupling the internal surfaces and using an index matched, antireflective coated glass. This increases contrast by 3-5 times that of untreated displays, improving text readability and image clarity.
G-Bond removes the air gap between the display and front cover preventing moisture and condensation from forming a common issue with outdoor displays that are subjected to large changes in temperature and humidity.
Our G-Bond process is applied in class 10000 'clean rooms', and is suited to almost every LCD or Plasma display up to 82".
GDS G-Bond can be provided as a stand alone service where the client supplies the display, glass or touch screen for bonding together and our production lines allow flexible production quantities as well as rapid prototyping.
GDS G-Bond is a removable process and as such it reduces the cost associated to service maintenance for panel or front glass replacement.
|Optical benefits||Environment benefits||Mechanical benefits|
Reduces the reflective loss from all surfaces to less than 1% using an AR coated glass
Increases contrast ratio
Eliminating the air gap prevents condensation and dust build up between the glass and the display
Improves thermal efficiency
Improve scratch, breakage and impact resistance
- IP5x and IP6x displays
- Avionic and military markets (aircraft and industrial vehicles)
- Public information displays for transportation markets (Railways, Bus Stations, Airports, Subways…)
- Outdoor ATMs and kiosks
- Marine markets (plotters, GPS, navigation displays, bridge monitors…)
- Digital Signage applications (Advertising, Stadium, Events…)
- Industrial displays
- Ruggedized or portable devices (medical equipment, navigation and handheld devices, Tablet PCs…)
- Scalable (from 1.5" to 82")
- Bond gaps of 0.5mm, 1mm and 3mm as standard, customized solutions upon request
- UV resistant (tested to the equivalent of 5 years at altitude)
- Improves contrast in high ambient light indoor and outdoor use
- Process is applicable for standard LCD panels, plasma panels
- Can be integrated with the most popular touch screen technologies
- Removable / recoverable process
- Safe (LCD glass cover remains secured in place even when cracked)
- Reduction in parallax viewing effect
- High optical transmissivity
- Works with EMI filters for avionic and military applications
- Customized formulations for military and commercial applications